PART 2 – QURANIC MODEL OF TAZKIYAH
- What is the Quranic model of tazkiyah and what is the nabawi model of tazkiyah?
- We always begin with our primary sources.
- We always launch any aspect of Islam from the primary sources of deen – the Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet ﷺ.
- Allah SWT has emphasized the importance of tazkiyah in the Quran-e-Kareem.
- Also, Allah SWT has stressed that our entire success on the day of judgement will be based on whether we can bring to Allah SWT a purified heart.
- Yawma-la-yanfau-maal … Remember, recall that day, prepare yourself for that day when neither your sons or wealth will be of any benefit …
- The only person that will benefit on that day will be that person who will bring a pure and untainted heart to Allah SWT.
- Salim means sahih and saalim. A pure, purified, untainted and unblemished spiritual heart.
Four Aspects of Prophethood:
- Allah SWT mentions the 4 aspects of Nabuwwat.
- Sayyidina Rasulullah ﷺ was sent to humanity for four purposes.
- His nabuwwat consists of and comprises of four things.
- The first is Tilawate-e-aayat. To teach/instruct them in the meanings of the Quran and teachings of wisdom even beyond the Quran.
- Our Imaan demands that we view the nabuwwat of Rasulullah ﷺ as kaamil and mukammal – absolutely perfect and complete.
- Also, he is the last Nabi and Messenger and there is no need for another Messenger, why?
- Allah SWT has blessed this ummah because his nabuwwat will remain intact until the end of time.
- Allah SWT then says in the Quran that tazkiyah is the second function of Prophethood.
- Therefore, the prophetic model, paradigm and teachings of tazkiyah must necessarily remain intact until the end of time.
Transcribed version of a 2009 Workshop on Understanding Tasawwuf by Shaykh Mufti Kamaluddin Ahmed Naqshbandi (DB). Full 27-part audio can be found at the following link: Understanding Tasawwuf.